Unani-Tibb Temperaments workshops 2022
Medicine of the Ancients
Nature Vs Nurture
Ever wondered ….
Why you and people around you look and act in a certain way?
Why do some have lots of energy and while others appear to be tired or take their time?
Why some please say that they always feel hot and whilst others feel cold?
Why some people appear are calmer whilst others are quick to respond?
Come join us for this full day workshop with traditional Unani Tibb practitioner, Hakim Shahid Bukhari.
What is it all about?
In this workshop we will be learning the foundational pillar of Unani Tibb (also known as Greek-Arabic or Islamic Medicine): Temperament. The understanding of temperament is the primary principle of all systems of natural medicine, including Tibb, Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
We are all different. It is our unique characteristics and quirks that make up our disposition, or temperament. This directly influences our state of health and inclination toward illnesses.
Understanding your temperament can help you plan a diet that is optimum for you, and pursuit activities that promote a happy, healthy and productive lifestyle in harmony with yourself and the world around you.
What will you take away?
Some of the topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- The four temperaments and their differences
- The concept of hot, cold, dry and wet
- Learning your temperament
- How knowing your own temperament can help you in your health and understanding ‘self’ and relationships
- Understanding how your temperament changes as you age
- Determining your own temperament and that of your family and friends
- Recognising the temperament of foods, drinks, spices, etc
- Foods you should be eating or avoiding based on your temperament
- Types of exercise you should be doing or avoiding based on your temperament
- Effect of incorrect food and exercise has on your health – both physically and emotionally
- Taking care of your own health – an introduction into healthier living
Through small changes we can reap big benefits!
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is absolutely for everyone it provides excellent insight for
- individuals who want to increase self-awareness
- Individual who are considering a career in naturopathy
- individuals who want a better insight into people around them
- Parents who want to gain insight about their children
- Professional development for holistic therapist or counsellors who work one to one with clients or community
- Practitioners such as GP’S, Nurses, Hijama therapists, TCM, physiotherapists etc.
Workshop 2022 Locations and Dates
Bradford Saturday 21st May [10am to 5pm] at Artz-i Islamic Art Gallery, 3rd floor, 8 Longside Ln, Bradford BD7 1DF.
Sorry Sold Out – You can book at our other locations.Buy now
Manchester Sunday 22nd May [9:30 am to 4:30 pm] at the Salford Watersports Centre, 15 The Quays, Salford M50 3SQ.Buy now
Birmingham Saturday 4th June [9:30 am to 4:30 pm] at The Hub, 5-9 Hermitage Rd, Solihull B91 2LLBuy now
London Sunday 26th June [10am to 5pm] at East London Mosque, 82-92 Whitechapel Rd, London E1 1JQ.Buy now
Preston Sunday 3rd July [9:30 am to 4:30 pm] at the Penwortham Penwortham Youth & and Community Centre, 3 Priory Ln, Penwortham, Preston PR1 0ARBuy now